A personal service given in a relaxed and friendly fashion.
Thank you for looking at our property services. Making the decision to remortgage your home can be just as life changing as buying your first property.
A remortgage is when you either renegotiate with your current lender or change the mortgage on your property to a new lender. It is important to speak to an independent mortgage adviser who can go through the options with you and make sure you get the right deal for what you want to achieve.
There are many reasons you may wish to remortgage such as:
- To reduce the interest rate on your mortgage
- To fix your monthly payments and protect against possible future rate rises
- To raise money to carry out home improvements
- To raise a cash lump sum by releasing equity from your home
- Change in personal circumstances such as a marriage or divorce
- To consolidate your debts
We have an experienced team who understand the stress involved in re-mortgaging your property, who know how the banks, building societies and mortgage lenders work. Our approach is a simple, we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by taking the stress away from you and dealing with all matters on your behalf.
Good communication is key to making the remortgaging process as simple and stress-free as possible for you. Our team of highly qualified lawyers have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner, while making sure everything you need to know is explained as clearly as possible.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and CQS Accreditations, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
We work on a fixed fee basis, so you will know exactly how much your remortage is going to cost from the outset.
If during the transaction there are any new development which could lead to an additional cost, we will discuss the change in fees with you at the earliest opportunity and agree a way forward.
Please refer to our quick quote facility to obtain a quote covering fees and the usual disbursements.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
We do not provide mortgage or tax advice and we would recommend you seek advice from an independent mortgage broker, financial adviser or an accountant as appropriate.
We do not carry out valuations on your home, this will be conducted by your new lender.
A typical remortgage takes between 4 and 6 weeks, however it can be longer if there are any complications such as an application being rejected. The process may also take longer if you switch lenders compared with getting a new deal with your current mortgage company.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Requesting a Redemption Statement
- Obtaining Official Copies of the Title
- Checking the Title
- Leasehold properties will require the lease to be checked and enquiries of the landlord or management company made if relevant
- Checking the mortgage offer
- Preparing for completion
- Requesting final redemption statement
- Requesting the mortgage advance
For more information please call one of our experts on 01233 624545