A personal service given in a relaxed and friendly fashion.
Residential Sale Pricing
Thank you for looking at our property services. Whether you are a first-time buyer, an investor or moving home, we are here to take the stress out of buying and selling a home. We will guide you through each step of the transaction and tailor our service to your personal requirements, so you get exactly the service you need.
When it comes to selling a property, there are important decisions you need to make and we are here to ensure that all your legal obligations are met. There are lots of boxes to tick and we want to assist you in selling your house quickly and efficiently, leaving you free to move on to your next property.
Why choose Kingsfords for your residential property sale?
We have an experienced team who understand the stresses involved in selling property. Our approach is simple – we provide a first-class service from all of our expert team who make the difference by taking care of all the important legal details and removing any confusion and uncertainty from the process of selling a property.
Whether you are selling your property through an estate agent or privately, we will make everything as clear as possible. Our team are made up of highly qualified Lawyers who have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner.
We also recognise that communication is key, especially where there are complex issues to deal with, so will ensure you are always kept up-to-date and get answers to your questions in plain English.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and CQS Accreditations, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback to ensure we always offer good value for money. We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction.
If during the transaction there is a new development, they may increase our fees we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Please refer to our quick quote facility to obtain a quote covering fees and the usual disbursements
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your current home.
We do not provide tax advice. You should obtain this from an accountant or tax specialist.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If the transaction or title(s) are more complicated than initially considered or indicated
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If you require an accelerated service
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and other factors involved, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the buyer requests lease extension for a leasehold property
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether buyer’s survey shows up any issues
- Buyer’s Enquiries
A typical transaction will take between 8-10 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity, so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Drafting contracts of sale and any other necessary documents
- Sending the contacts of sale to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquires they have
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notify you that this has happened
- Completing the sale, redeeming any mortgage, paying any agents fees and our fees and disbursements
For more information please call us on 01233 624545